Apr 28 , 2019
Is Botox safe?
I inject only FDA approved prescription Botox BOTOX® Cosmetic which is the trade name of Botulinum Toxin Type A, a purified natural protein toxin produced by the bacterium Clostridium Botulinum. Backed by over 15 years of clinical studies, BOTOX® Cosmetic is the most widely researched and studied treatment of its kind, approved for use in 96 countries. The safety and efficacy of BOTOX® Cosmetic has been described in more than 495 peer-reviewed articles in scientific and medical journals.
Where can Botox be administered?
I treat clients with Botox for 2 purposes;
- For Aesthetic Anti-Wrinkle Treatments: in the Forehead, Crow’s Feet, Perioral Wrinkles around the mouth and Platysma Bands in the Neck.
- For Hyperhidrosis (Excessive sweating); in the forehead and arms.
Is Botox painful?
The pain is generally minimal as the needles used are very small. I numb the area to be treated first with a topical anesthetic cream so you may not feel much pain at all.
Once the anaesthetic wears off, you may feel a little discomfort.
How long do the effects of Botox last?
Botox will last 3 – 4 months and will vary per individual. After this time, the muscle will start to regain movement and lines will begin to reappear. To maintain results, another treatment is required.
The more Botox that is administered the greater the interval between treatments and this is especially true in patients with facial asymmetry and overactive muscles.
The required dose depends on the individual patient and many patients require only a small dose of Botox as their muscles are very weak and inactive.
How long do Botox treatment take?
Botox injections usually take about 10 minutes.
What age do you recommend starting to get Botox?
Botox is not recommended under the age of 18. The best age to commence Botox treatment also varies between patients. Many of my clients however are starting in their late 20s and early 30s. I welcome anyone interested in getting Botox to book a consultation so that I can perform a facial analysis and advise on the appropriate treatment for you.
How long have been administering Botox to clients?
I have been administering Botox for over 20 years.
My practice in the University Hospital has focused for many years on treating patients with facial asymmetry, especially those with facial palsies and significant muscle asymmetry. This is technically challenging because the doses used are variable and each patient is different.
This has led to the use of Botox in cosmetic patients where less expertise is actually needed because there is no need to match a normal side to an abnormal side.
Will my face look overdone or unnatural?
No. Because I have 20 years experience treating patients with Botox, this is very unlikely. In addition, I operate on the face virtually every day of every week to treat injuries, remove cancers and to perform cosmetic procedures. This familiarity with facial anatomy and function allows me to target specific muscles for the best cosmetic outcome.
You’ll look like yourself—only with less noticeable lines. In fact, no one should be able to tell that you’ve had any treatment.
What are the main benefits of Botox
Botox is a quick, safe, relatively pain free procedure that guarantees results.
The main benefits are highlighted below;
- No Downtime; you can return to your normal daily routine afterwards.
- Affordable; prices start at €10 per unit.
- Effective; results in 7-10 days that last up to 4 months depending on each client.
- Quick; injection takes about 10 minutes.
- Non-surgical; there is no need for general anaesthetic.
- Safe; FDA approved.
- Minimally Invasive; the needles used are very small.
- Pain Free; clients report that the treatment is similar to a pinch.
- Subtle results; when administered by an experienced medical doctor like Professor Jack Kelly at The Kelly Clinic, results are subtle. Please be careful about where you choose to get your treatment as results will vary.